March 26th will mark the 30th anniversary of the Air Max 1. I was born after these shoes dropped but I had a very good idea of how groundbreaking they were. This was the shoe that really put the rest of the industry on notice. In '79 Nike introduced the concept of air being an integral part of the show with the Air Tailwind and although you could feel it, you couldn't see it. Eight years later, and the company was finally able to come up with a way to make the air visible, giving birth to a product that would take Air innovation to whole new level.
In honour of the anniversary, Nike will be taking their Air Max bus across the GTA. Travelling Nostalgia, sneakerheads will be given the opportunity to take a walk down memory lane. In the bus, there is also an Air Max Machine where you can play to win one of 30 Air Max Grail 1 sneakers at its original cost, a ticket to the SNEAKEASY experience or a limited edition Air Max pin.
Below is a schedule of the stops that the bus will be making across Toronto as we get set for the highly-anticipated Nike Air VaporMax ( more on that soon ) .
Nike AIR MAX BUS Schedule
· Saturday, March 11: Livestock Spadina 11AM - 3PM
· Sunday, March 12: Capsule Markham 12PM - 4PM
· Wednesday, March 15: Community 54 3PM - 7PM
· Thursday, March 16: Toronto Eaton Centre 3PM - 7PM
· Friday, March 17: Foot Locker Scarborough 3PM - 7PM
· Saturday, March 18: Haven 11AM - 1PM
· Saturday, March 18: SNKR CON 2PM - 6PM
· Sunday, March 19: Foot Locker Sherway 12PM - 4PM
· Monday, March 20: Foot Locker Yorkdale 3PM - 7PM
· Tuesday, March 21: Foot Locker Square One 3PM - 7PM
· Wednesday, March 22: Capsule Yorkville 3PM - 7PM
· Sunday, March 26: 310 Spadina 12PM - 9PM